By linking a YouTube channel to an AdWords account, you can access additional video view statistics, call-to-action (CTA) overlays, and remarketing and engagement statistics such as earned views. There are two options for linking accounts:
- Link a YouTube channel to an AdWords account
- Link an AdWords account to a YouTube channel
To activate the link between a YouTube channel and an AdWords account, make sure the link is verified in both YouTube and AdWords.
When you link a YouTube channel to an AdWords account, certain features will become available to you and other features will not be available to you.Available features
View counts and calls-to-action (CTAs)
- You can view ad completion rates of videos from linked channels.
- You can create call-to-action (CTA) overlays on videos from linked channels. Use these to share more information about the content of your video or to raise interest in your channel, other videos, or additional websites.
- You can create remarketing lists based on viewers’ past interactions on linked channels.
- You can view earned actions metrics from videos and video ads from linked channels.
Keep in mind
If you use a video ad from a YouTube channel that’s not linked to AdWords, we’ll suggest you link that channel.
- Linking accounts does not give the YouTube channel owner control over the AdWords account.
- Linking accounts does not let the advertiser add, delete or modify videos from the linked channel.
Follow these instructions to link your YouTube channel to an AdWords account.
- Sign in to your YouTube channel.
- Click your channel icon or name in the upper corner of the page to select the channel you want to link.
- Click My Channel.
- Click Video Manager.
- Under "Channel, " click Advanced.
- Under "Link an AdWords for video account, " click Link an AdWords account.
- Follow the instructions, and then click Finish.
- Once the owner of the AdWords account approves your request, your YouTube channel will be linked to that AdWords account.
Follow these instructions to link a YouTube channel to your AdWords account.
- Sign in to your AdWords account.
- Click next to your AdWords account name at the top of the page.
- Click Linked accounts.
- On the "Link a YouTube channel" page, click +CHANNEL for the channel that you want to link to an AdWords account.
- In the "Link a YouTube channel" dialog, search for a YouTube video from its channel or enter its URL, and then click Next.
- Follow the instructions, and then click Close.
Once the owner of the YouTube channel approves your request, that channel will be linked to your AdWords account.
- Linking your YouTube channel to an AdWords account allows you to promote your video and access reporting from AdWords.
- You can control what data the AdWords account can access, including view counts, remarketing, and earned actions.