Method 1Submitting Your URL Directly Through Google
- Go to the Google URL submission page using the following method.
- Open the Google search engine home page.
- Click on the link at the bottom that says "Business Solutions."
- Click the "More business products" link under the footer heading "Business essentials."
- Click the "Submit Your Content" link under the heading "Webmaster tools."
- Click the "Participate" button link under the heading "Website Owner."
- Find and click on the link that says "Add Your URL" (under the "Web" heading).
- Alternatively the above steps are achieved by entering the following URL in the browser's address bar as and press "Enter" key, and it will redirect to the following step (if you are already signed in google, otherwise sign-in process is required).
- Type your website's complete homepage URL into URL box.
- Type in the squiggly letters to let Google distinguish that you are submitting the URL manually instead of using any software that may be attempting to spam their system.
- Press the "Add URL" button. It can take up to 60 days for your URL to be added to Google, and Google does not guarantee that your URL will be added.
Method 2Submit Express
- Visit the Submit Express website if you want to add your URL to Google as well as other search engines such as Yahoo and Bing.
- Type your website's complete homepage URL into the URL box.
- Provide additional information about yourself such as your email address, name, phone number and country of residence.
- Type in the letters exactly as they appear in the image in the text box next to the image.
- Tick the box for the newsletter if you wish to receive the Submit Express Newsletter and other information about how to promote your website via email. This is an optional feature.
- Press the "Submit Now" button. Submit Express will show you the progress of your URL submission for various search engines including Google.
Method 3My Submitter
- Go to the My Submitter homepage.
- Enter your URL in the URL field and your email address in the textbox designated for email.
- Put a tick next to the search engines that you want to submit your URL to. You can submit to Google as well as InfoTiger, ExactSeek, Websquash and other search engines.
- Solve the math problem and enter the answer to confirm that you are human.
- Agree to the My Submitter terms by ticking the box to indicate your approval.
- Click on the "Submit My Site" button. Your URL will be submitted to the search engines that you had selected.
- It is better to copy and paste your URL rather than try to type it out since you must copy your domain URL exactly as it appears in your web browser from start to finish (including prefixes such as "[http://" http://"] and suffixes such as ".com" or ".net"). Google is likely to reject any URL that is misspelled or incomplete since it may not be able to reach the content on your website successfully.
- Never submit your URL more than once over a span of 60 days. Frequently resubmitting your URL may block your website from being displayed in Google search results since Google will sense that you are trying to spam their system.