Whether you can post items for your business depends on the rules of your specific community, and is determined by the admins of your local community. Please refer to your community's rules or reach out to your admin to ask. Click here for how to find your community's rules.
Links to any other buy/sell service or platform are not allowed on any listing. This includes a photo album linked from another site, links to a neighborhood buy/sell group or site, or links to online auction site listings. Sending unsolicited messages to members to advertise your business is also not allowed, as per the VarageSale terms of service.
Here are some examples to help illustrate:
1 - Jane sells handmade knitted hats. She has many items listed on an online crafty buy/sell site. She also has a social media page with information on her business.
- She can post her business details with a link to her social media page in the Small Business Directory
- She cannot post a link to her online crafty buy/sell site store
- She can post her specific knitted items in her VarageSale community (subject to the rules specific to that community)
2 - Joe has a lot of stuff to sell. He has many items listed in a photo album on a social media site.
- Joe can list his items on VarageSale (subject to the rules specific to that community)
- Joe cannot link back to his photo album on a social media site
3 - John owns a pawn shop. He has a lot of stuff to sell for his business. He has a social media page, he posts in local buy/sell groups, and he has a website for his business.
- He can post his business details with a link to his social media page in the Small Business Directory
- He can check with his community admins to determine whether they allow businesses to post in other categories
- He cannot link back to his postings in other groups
4 - Jack is a business owner and wants to get the word out about his business.
- Jack can post his business details with links to his social media page or website in the Small Business Directory